So, last week’s meals ended up being pretty different from my plan. I was sick all week with a yucky cold so hardly any of the meals planned were executed, and I didn’t feel up to working on the blog very much at all. However, I did learn a few things throughout this period of illness, presented in list format for my husband’s sake.
- There are many ways to prepare toast and it is quite delicious.
- A person can only drink so much orange juice.
- Emergen-C packets, though often available as free samples, are not so tasty as the advertising leads one to believe.
- Breathe Right strips are the difference between sleeping and not sleeping. Tuesday night, sans Breathe Right=waking up myself and my husband almost every hour from 10 pm to 7 am [and not falling asleep for nearly two hours from 8 pm when I tried to go to bed to 10-something when I actually fell asleep. That’s rare for me!]. Wednesday night with the magic of a Breathe Right strip=sweet, sweet dreams.
- Whole Grain Hamburger Helper is still as gross as regular Hamburger Helper, but my husband still loves it so that’s all that counts. [Note: I tried a bite. Not my thing. No thank you! I promptly made myself (or had Ben make me more likely) another helping of toast with a side of banana. And tea. Or OJ.]
That being said… look for some new recipes and fun posts this week! 🙂
Week of September 13
Monday: fish… prepared by Ben!
Saturday: out to eat
Sunday: pork shoulder… recipe TBA but I’m considering a blueberry sauce… any suggestions?