Hello, friends! Today I’m here with a different type of book review… a COLORING book review! I recently received a copy of Live Fearless: An Adult Coloring Book by Margaret Feinberg and am so pumped to share it with you. Feinberg has created a handful of adult coloring books but this is the first one I have had the chance to try out.
A description of the book from the publisher (a little silly, but hey, some of you may be interested):
PRAY • CREATE • MEMORIZE • REFLECT • JOURNAL
Life is riddled with uncertainty. Perhaps that’s why Jesus is so passionate in His command, “Do not fear.” He challenges us to enter uncertainty with faith, the unknown with trust, the uncharted with hope.
Live Fearless provides an opportunity for you to pull away from the hustle and bustle of life to pray, journal, and unleash your creative gifts and rediscover the goodness and faithfulness of God no matter what you’re facing.
- Spend time in prayer, reflecting and growing in your relationship with God
- Commit Bible passages to memory and deepen your faith
- Share your fun artistry with others through what you create
Color and doodle and learn to live fearless as you craft God’s Word into your heart.
And as always, my five point review:
- First of all, I love the adult coloring book trend. My sister got me into it last Christmas, and though I don’t color very often, it is a fun stress-relieving hobby. Back in our dating days, Ben and I bought a coloring book to color in [a kids’ one and a gigantic box of crayons too!]. #sofun But I love the adult trend and how it classes it up. 🙂
- I really enjoy the theme of this coloring book. I think so many of us, no matter where we are on our spiritual journeys, experience fear in the midst of faith and trust. This coloring book allows me to meditate on who I should be trusting in, not what I should be fearing, so I love that.
- I like that the scripture in this coloring book comes from a variety of Bible translations. It’s the little things, but this makes it appealing to a large audience. I also like how the author provides suggestions for turning this coloring book into a devotional for yourself or a group of friends.
- Though there are many illustrations and verses incorporated into this coloring book, the back page of each coloring book page is blank so you can journal or draw about the verse, the happenings of your life, or whatever you please. Blank space is so pleasing and freeing, isn’t it?
- My only complaint–and it’s really small–is that some portions of the illustrations are super tiny. Colored pencils or thin markers are very necessary to make this fun. This just makes it hard to color some parts of it, but that’s my perfectionists tendencies coming through. 🙂 Hope you check out this coloring book or the others in this series!
Disclosure: I received a complimentary copy of this book from Bethany House Publishers. However, I was not required to write a positive review. The thoughts expressed above are entirely my own. Thanks to Bethany House for the chance to read this great book!
4 thoughts on “Book Review: Live Fearless: An Adult Coloring Book”
Sarah, Keep blogging. Love, Dad
thanks dad 🙂
Lalalove your review! Thank you!
Thank you, Margaret! 🙂 This was such a fun book to review! Hope to see more of your work soon.