Hello, and welcome to The Pajama Chef! My name is Sarah, and this is my life in a nutshell… well, several nutshells since a lot of peanuts are required to make my favorite food – peanut butter! Mmmmm….
- I married Ben in May 2009. We met through an internship with Campus Crusade for Christ at Ohio University, in Athens, Ohio. For the first four years of our marriage, we lived in Bloomington, Indiana while I was in grad school–but we moved in late September 2013 to Nashville, Tennessee for me to start my career as an academic librarian. Nashville is a fun city that we love exploring!
- We are proud parents to a pretty kitty named Sheba Genevieve. [Sheba was her name when we adopted her from the shelter in May 2010, but I just had to give her a middle name. I picked Genevieve because it sounds so romantic. So what if it's not exactly cat-name material?! :)]
- We also are proud kitty parents to Misty Morning Fog. [Misty was her name from the animal shelter when we adopted her in June 2012, but she's gray with white patches and paws, like she dipped them in the clouds on a foggy day.]
- The most important relationship in my life is my relationship with Jesus. I wouldn’t be who I am today without His love and grace, and it pains me to even imagine a life without Christ. So I don’t.
- Cooking and baking have long been passions of mine. I remember baking cookies with my grandma each Christmas, and had many a kitchen mishap in my childhood days [1/4 cup of baking soda in cookies, anyone?]. Since graduating from college in 2007, my love for creating tasty food of all types – healthy, sweet, ethnic, comfort, etc. – has only grown. With a husband who has a hardy appetite, this zeal is definitely a good thing!
- Running is my most favorite thing ever [it's a good thing too, since I like to eat!]. I ran cross country and track throughout junior high, high school, and college. Now I train for road races [5Ks, half marathons, and marathons]. I am also forced convinced to lift weights with Ben weekly, but that’s okay because I force convince him to run frequently with me! :)
- I graduated from Indiana University in May 2013, with a Master of Library Science and a Master of Arts in African Studies. I am also an alumna of Wittenberg University and Kappa Delta Sorority.
- I love getting good deals/couponing, peanut butter, traveling, Diet Coke, Africa, caramel lattes, reading cheesy chick-lit and Holocaust memoirs [here's my Goodreads profile], sitting on my porch, Vera Bradley, grocery shopping, and living in my pajamas. Hence the name The Pajama Chef. If it was socially acceptable, I would wear pajamas 24/7!
- My sister also just started a blog. I helped her make it look pretty. :) Check it out at two happy bellies.
Feel free to contact me at email@example.com. I would love to hear from you!
Here’s another post to help us get more acquainted. :)