So…. I totally realize black bean wraps are nothing new, nothing exciting, nothing original. You can probably google a bazillinon kajillion different variations right now. Or you don’t even have to, because who really needs a recipe for a simple black bean wrap?
The truth is… you don’t. And the truth also is… I don’t have and/or use one either.
But guess what? I’m sharing this non-recipe anyways… for a couple reason. First of all, I realized over the long weekend that I hadn’t shared any of my 10 Minute Lunches with you in way too long. Like, two months too long. Whoops.😦 And secondly, I eat this easy black bean wrap [or a variation thereof] for lunch quite often and find it quite tasty [especially when there are no leftovers that sound good or I’m not feeling particularly inspired and needalunchlikenow.] Since I assume I’m not the only one who ever finds themselves in that situation…uninspired, hungry, pressed for time. If that’s you, then this go-to non-recipe recipe for black bean wraps is for you.
Maybe this is a little simplistic, but so what? It’s packed with flavor, texture, and tons of good-for-you nutrients and protein. Simply top a whole wheat tortilla with Mexican-spiced smashed black beans and lots of fresh veggies for a lunch that you’ll be looking forward to all morning long. I used spinach, red onion, bell pepper, avocado, and tomato, but feel free to use whatever strikes your fancy. Top your wrap with some cheese and you’re good to go! This lunch is filling, portable, inexpensive, and packed with fresh flavor. You can heat it up or eat it cold, depending on your preference and work situation… it’s great either way. I hope you love it as much as we do!
What are some of your go-to non-recipe recipes?
Black Bean Wraps
click to print
- 1/3 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- desired seasonings: garlic powder, cayenne pepper, cumin, oregano, crushed red pepper, etc. + lime juice [I used ~ 1 1/2 teaspoons total, plus a splash of juice]
- whole wheat tortilla
- baby spinach
- red onion, diced
- avocado, sliced
- roma tomatoes, sliced
- red bell pepper, sliced
- grated cheese [I used cheddar + pepperjack]
- salsa or sour cream, as desired
- Mash together black beans with seasonings and a little lime juice.
- Place baby spinach on a whole wheat tortilla, then top with black bean mixture. Add red onion, avocado, tomato, bell pepper, and cheese along with salsa or sour cream if desired.
- Roll up and enjoy!
Time: 5 minutes.
Yield: 1 delicious lunch! [or more if you multiply the black bean mixture]
Linked up at Successful Together.